This retreat is for Nicotine Anonymous members and guests who want to enhance their practice of prayer and meditation. Held in the heart of one of the most serene settings of the Mojave Desert, the Joshua Tree Retreat Center (JTRC) offers the perfect atmosphere to enhance your journey into the Twelve Steps of Nicotine Anonymous. Meetings & workshops will be held throughout the weekend along with periods of prayer, meditation, yoga, hiking, alone time, and fellowship by the pool. Writing materials will be provided. A full agenda will be released soon to include Early Bird Meeting Friday at 2 pm and our annual MEETING UNDER THE STARS Saturday night after the Sunset Hike.
- $185 includes two nights lodging and five meals (Friday dinner, Sunday breakfast, and all meals on Saturday) (*Note: Lunch not provided on Friday)
- $100 is the cost to attend if you are not staying at JTRC. This includes meals and use of the facilities/pool. [No exceptions; JTRC is charging us for every body.]
- Space limited. RSVP to Jane H. at 323-852-1518 ASAP.
Give cash payments to Jane. Please note: No refunds once paid.
Make checks payable to: SCINA
Mail your payments of $185 for meals & lodging or $100 for meals only directly to:
Bill H., 10480 Sunland Blvd. #1, Sunland, CA 91040. Questions, call Bill at 818-800-3449.
Payment must be received by May 19th.
- Toiletries (e.g., shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste; this is not a hotel with amenities; there is a gift shop and nearby stores)
- Sun Screen / Sun Glasses
- Casual Clothing (it may get cool at night)
- Comfortable Footwear (flip flops AND shoes for hiking); no shoes allowed in house
- Swim Suit and Beach Towel (for pool)
- Your NicA Big Book or Meditation Book
JOSHUA TREE RETREAT CENTER. 59700 29 Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, CA 92252.
760-365-8371 – http://joshuatreeretreatcenter.squarespace.com/
Directions From Los Angeles:
Take 10 Freeway East for approximately 100 miles to Exit 117 onto CA 62 East (29 Palms Highway) for approximately 25 miles and the Center will be on your left after Yucca Mesa Rd. When you see the "Welcome to Joshua Tree" sign, you are seconds away. There is a large rust-colored metal sculpture and a blue sign at the entrance on your left. If you reach downtown Joshua Tree, you have gone too far. JRTC advises not to rely on your GPS as some have encountered issues with it. Please drive safely, especially if you are arriving at night.
Click here for flyer .